Basking Ridge is an upscale community located in Somerset County, NJ. It is part of greater Bernards Township which also includes the neighborhoods of Liberty Corner and Lyons. Basking Ridge was settled during colonial times and the downtown shopping area is a quaint mixture of small shops and restaurants.
From a housing standpoint, Basking Ridge nicely combines rural with urban. Many single-family homes are located on half or full acre lots. Townhouse and condominium living, as well as luxury single family homes on smaller lots can be found in The Hills, is a large community of distinct developments.
Ridge High School consistently ranks in the top 10% of public high schools by NJ Monthly. Easy access to I-287 and I-78, plus two NJ Transit Train stations gives resident a variety of commuting options.
- Population: 26,924 (estimated 2016)
- Land Area: 13.44 Square Miles
- Average Sale Price (2017): $864,265
- Low Sales Price(2017): $140,000
- High Sales Price(2017): $2,280,400
- Average Property Tax: $11,825
- Parks and Recreation:
- Somerset Hills YMCA (http://www.somersetcountyymca.org/locations1/somerset-hills-ymca)
- Basking Ridge Country Club (https://www.baskingridgecc.com)
- New Jersey National Golf Club (http://newjerseynational.com)
- Pleasant Valley Pool (http://www.bernards.org/Pool%20Commission/Document/Pleasant%20Valley%20Pool%20Brochure.pdf)
- Ridge Baseball Club (http://ridgebaseballclub.com/Default.asp?org=BRLL.ORG)
- Protec Ponds Ice Center (http://protechockey.com)
- FC Berna (Soccer) (http://www.fcberna.com)
- Ridge Red Devils Soccer (http://www.reddevilssoccer.com)
- Shooting Stars Gymnastics (http://www.shootingstarsgym.com)
Search Basking Ridge Homes for Sale
The dissemination of listings on this website does not constitute the consent required by N.J.A.C. 11:5.6.1 (n) for the advertisement of listings exclusively for sale by another broker. Any such consent must be obtained in writing from the listing broker.
Copyright © 2018 Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. All rights reserved.
Today's Market Trends for Basking Ridge *
* All data pertains to single-family homes